• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Man I am gonna miss this thread when our cars finally get here in 2027
I will likely take a break from the forum when the car gets here but I bet it wont be long before an issue pulls me back on in relatively short order. Plus, I will be tracking the Final Edition for 2028 right after the Base i4/v6 have finally been delivered

Why automatics? If true I’m out. I can no longer daily a manual for medical reasons and I’m not waiting another year.

Attachments

• IMG_1113.jpeg
    IMG_1113.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 144
How could a separate emissions process result in a 1 year delay? I was told March delivery for my auto until I hear reliable info otherwise that’s what I’m expecting

How could a separate emissions process result in a 1 year delay? I was told March delivery for my auto until I hear reliable info otherwise that’s what I’m expecting
Because they need to hire a new head of type approval and a new principal engineer.

Prepare to be amazed!

I spoke for about 10 minutes this afternoon with my Lotus dealer/owner. On the latest call (today ) he confirmed the following: 1. Emiras arriving in Baltimore port as early as Tuesday
2. all vehicles manual transmission only
3. last certification expecting approval in Jan.'24
4. no sales to customers until after certification process completed
5. i 4 and V 6 automatic will arrive in mid summer for immediate sale
6. those with i 4 and V 6 automatic on order can change their builds (must retain
the i 4 or V 6 automatic transmission ) but can have access to all paint colors
offered for FE 1 and FE 2 and the remainder of the build sheet
7. Dealers will be told when the Lotus will allow changes They will send you a copy of your original order and accept changes you desire as a way to appease
those purchasers who must have their wait extended.

So the firing of the emissions engineer and type approval head were not because CARB had been complete and their services were no longer required.
I’m guessing they need the new Engineering/Emissions hire to handle the I4 and V6 auto variants. 😵‍💫. Sounds like that will take some time! They only applied for the V6 manual variant evidently! 🙄

I spoke for about 10 minutes this afternoon with my Lotus dealer/owner. On the latest call (today ) he confirmed the following: 1. Emiras arriving in Baltimore port as early as Tuesday
6. those with i 4 and V 6 automatic on order can change their builds (must retain
7. Dealers will be told when the Lotus will allow changes They will send you a copy of your original order and accept changes you desire as a way to appease
So, that means no customer deliveries until January at the earliest? If so, then no Christmas miracle for anyone in this forum :(

Will our cars still be First Editions?

Thanks for info and that is unbelievable for those wanting the auto. Can't believe that pushes out until sometime in summer. And gets worse for those with orders and a nonrefundable deposit

Kinda shitty news for some folks! No email from my dealer either.

..BIG...IF...TRUE.

Hello again everyone,

We had a dealer conference this afternoon to discuss Emira orders and production updates. I have detailed all of the information discussed below...

V6 Manual—

• 83% of Emira orders submitted in North America were for a V6 Manual. Because of this, V6 Manuals were prioritized for production and homologation.
  • We are still waiting to receive CARB certification for V6 Manual Emira. We expect completion by the end of January (2024).
  • 500 V6 Manual Emira are being shipped to North America now. These will arrive in several large batches, with the first due at port next week. We will receive an update on which cars are coming first in the next few days.
  • These vehicles will be shipped to retailers in EPA states before receiving CARB certification. However, no Emira will be sold/delivered to customers until we receive CARB approval.
  • Please note that all vehicles must go through port processing and U.S. customs before being transported to dealers. This may take up to a week or two.
V6 Automatic—
  • Lotus had to prioritize V6 Manual certifications to fulfill their promise of delivering cars before the end of this year. Because of this, V6 Auto certifications will come later, with first customer deliveries expected in mid-2024.
  • Previously submitted orders for V6 Auto Emira will maintain their 'First Edition' status and be model year 2025 vehicles.
  • This delay also applies to dealer demonstrators if an Automatic V6 was ordered.
Turbo I4—
  • Supply chain constraints have caused a production delay for Turbo I4 Emira. These orders are now expected to arrive at the beginning of 2025.
  • U.S. homologation for I4 Emira will be completed in late 2024, with customer deliveries beginning in early 2025.
  • A fleet of I4 demonstrator vehicles has been ordered and is expected to arrive in Q1/Q2 of 2024. We will invite all our reservation holders once a test drive opportunity becomes available!
Other Takeaways...
  • To provide some relief for the wait, previously submitted Turbo I4 and V6 Auto orders will temporarily be unlocked to allow minor changes. Please note that this does not include the option to change drivetrain choice, and these orders cannot be cancelled. Let us know as soon as possible if you'd like to make any changes to your order. Again, this only applies to Turbo I4 and V6 Auto orders already submitted to the factory for production.
  • Lotus Cars USA did not have visibility of the U.K.'s production schedule until recently. Moving forward, we will receive regular (monthly) updates and be able to provide better information about submitted orders.
  • Lotus has configured the Emira's Destination Charge to be $2,350. This will be included in your vehicle's Total MSRP.
  • Canadian market Emira should receive their certifications around the same time CARB is completed in the USA.
  • No vehicles will be held or stored at port, as previously speculated.

If you have any questions about the above information, please call me directly at (317) 245-6312.

Kind regards,

Tony Pechiney
INDY LOTUS
GATOR MOTORSPORT

3353 W 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Office: 855.428.6767
Direct: 317.245.6312
Email: [email protected]

Hello again everyone,

We had a dealer conference this afternoon to discuss Emira orders and production updates. I have detailed all of the information discussed below...

V6 Manual—
  • 83% of Emira orders submitted in North America were for a V6 Manual. Because of this, V6 Manuals were prioritized for production and homologation.
  • We are still waiting to receive CARB certification for V6 Manual Emira. We expect completion by the end of January (2024).
  • 500 V6 Manual Emira are being shipped to North America now. These will arrive in several large batches, with the first due at port next week. We will receive an update on which cars are coming first in the next few days.
  • These vehicles will be shipped to retailers in EPA states before receiving CARB certification. However, no Emira will be sold/delivered to customers until we receive CARB approval.
  • Please note that all vehicles must go through port processing and U.S. customs before being transported to dealers. This may take up to a week or two.
V6 Automatic—
  • Lotus had to prioritize V6 Manual certifications to fulfill their promise of delivering cars before the end of this year. Because of this, V6 Auto certifications will come later, with first customer deliveries expected in mid-2024.
  • Previously submitted orders for V6 Auto Emira will maintain their 'First Edition' status and be model year 2025 vehicles.
  • This delay also applies to dealer demonstrators if an Automatic V6 was ordered.
Turbo I4—
  • Supply chain constraints have caused a production delay for Turbo I4 Emira. These orders are now expected to arrive at the beginning of 2025.
  • U.S. homologation for I4 Emira will be completed in late 2024, with customer deliveries beginning in early 2025.
  • A fleet of I4 demonstrator vehicles has been ordered and is expected to arrive in Q1/Q2 of 2024. We will invite all our reservation holders once a test drive opportunity becomes available!
Other Takeaways...
  • To provide some relief for the wait, previously submitted Turbo I4 and V6 Auto orders will temporarily be unlocked to allow minor changes. Please note that this does not include the option to change drivetrain choice, and these orders cannot be cancelled. Let us know as soon as possible if you'd like to make any changes to your order. Again, this only applies to Turbo I4 and V6 Auto orders already submitted to the factory for production.
  • Lotus Cars USA did not have visibility of the U.K.'s production schedule until recently. Moving forward, we will receive regular (monthly) updates and be able to provide better information about submitted orders.
  • Lotus has configured the Emira's Destination Charge to be $2,350. This will be included in your vehicle's Total MSRP.
  • Canadian market Emira should receive their certifications around the same time CARB is completed in the USA.
  • No vehicles will be held or stored at port, as previously speculated.

If you have any questions about the above information, please call me directly at (317) 245-6312.

Kind regards,

Tony Pechiney
INDY LOTUS
GATOR MOTORSPORT

3353 W 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Office: 855.428.6767
Direct: 317.245.6312
Email: [email protected]
OUCH!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back