Exhaust Options Index

Never did a dyno so no idea about power change. Also no idea about sound as everything was fitted at once.
I can't see a y pipe will make any difference to the power on a standard tune because it is a forced air induction set up with more than enough air being supplied. Sure you will get some power gains from removing the main cat but even that isn't a gamechanger. I deleted the cat for the better and louder exhaust note.
It is like the gas flowed head work JUBU offer which is pointless on a standard car but works well with a larger supercharger or turbo conversion.
On a separate note I watched the YouTube video showing the best 5 Emira exhaust systems and it was a pointless exercise because they weren't all fitted with equal parts. Any of the systems would be better with a cat delete and even better with headers. To do a real comparison they need to be in the same setting (indoors/outdoors/going through a tunnel) and equal set-up. That doesn't even take into account what the sound was recorded on and where in relation to the exhausts.
The Emira exhaust being mid-engine is so short it is hard to make any big difference in design and the reason all of the aftermarket exhausts look nearly the same.

Anyone tried removing the #15 fuse in the frunk, exhaust actuator to keep valves opened or prevent from closing to see if it triggers a warning ?
I have a G87 M2 and decided to change the front and mid pipe with removal of the second cats but stayed with the factory exhaust and after driving in sport mode with the valves opened removed the fuse. Now the valves are opened all the time instead of getting the miltek valve controller.

Even if you figure 3 hours at $250, you’re still well under $1,000.

Looking at installation instructions, there just ain’t that much to changing the exhaust. What’s more, it’s not like there’s a bunch of one time use expensive fasteners and gaskets that are needed.

I guess if you can get someone to pull the trigger, ok, but that seems like a stupid way to do business.
$2700 for installation is rape, however if the exhaust swap included a Tip change then the hours do build up as the rear bumper must be removed.

Last edited:
Has anyone had first hand experience with the GRP titanium exhaust? Curious on the sound it makes, especially with the decay and the controller installed. Videos unfortunately don’t do it justice
I've had the GRP Ti rear muffler on for over 1000 miles, while I cant compare it to a standard exhaust Emira as the dealer installed it along with Miltek valve controller, I can compare it to an older Evora fitted with header, mid cat and factory Ti exhaust. The Emira has more drone, while the Evora set up is more shrill.

@Speedy Emira I swapped the y pipe not for power or sound but weight. My exhaust is titanium from the cats back. The stock y is more than three times heavier.

Anyone tried removing the #15 fuse in the frunk, exhaust actuator to keep valves opened or prevent from closing to see if it triggers a warning ?
I have a G87 M2 and decided to change the front and mid pipe with removal of the second cats but stayed with the factory exhaust and after driving in sport mode with the valves opened removed the fuse. Now the valves are opened all the time instead of getting the miltek valve controller.
How would you get the valves to be fully open when you remove the fuse?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back