Exhaust Options Index

Questions for the pros cause I have no idea what I’m doing. I’m trying to find an alternative from GRP decat. So the first mod I want to do is the Milltek Valve Control cause I can open the valve 100% at all times. But what reliable alternative can I do to make it sound better?

What is the difference between the GRP Titanium exhaust and the Milltek exhaust? I’m assuming that they also work with the valve control?
I think the valve controller is going to get you a lot of the sound you’re looking for, just do that and then decide if you want to go further.

Questions for the pros cause I have no idea what I’m doing. I’m trying to find an alternative from GRP decat. So the first mod I want to do is the Milltek Valve Control cause I can open the valve 100% at all times. But what reliable alternative can I do to make it sound better?

What is the difference between the GRP Titanium exhaust and the Milltek exhaust? I’m assuming that they also work with the valve control?
This is very subjective as to what someone would call 'better' compared to stock, or other 3rd party exhausts. The sound clips people post are also a problem because there's no control over the equipment or conditions under which the recordings were made. I got the @Aerie Titanium exhaust which sounds great, and is just over 1 lb lighter than the GRP. Listening to the sound clips, they both sound pretty comparable to each other.

The titanium exhausts are louder than stock. If your definition of 'better' is louder, a 3rd cat delete and ti exhaust will accomplish that. That may be exciting initially and for short runs, but if you plan on taking your car on long trips, louder gets fatiguing. If you've been driving for awhile, and when you get out of your car your ears are still ringing, then you've been in a sound environment that's too loud and can cause hearing loss over time. Tire/road noise adds to the volume, and the Emira is loud in this regard.

A valve controller can help to some degree, but if the system is getting louder before it gets to the valve, it's still going to be louder even with the valve in tour mode. Just for the sake of your hearing, if you go louder, get a pair of Apple AirPods that have a moderate noise-cancelling feature that allows normal sound, but reduces loud noise. That will make a long trip less fatiguing.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back