• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I believe that the CARB post is real as well. Things are happening on the website and the leak seemed official. Dealers have no idea, but Lotus HQ does.... First Emira deliveries by end of next week. Just a guess.

A public records request sounds plausible. This would explain why the PDF looks different from the other PDFs published on CARB's website.

This PDF of Lotus Emira approval is all images except for one small bit: the California Public Records Act stamp at the bottom right:

View attachment 37873

Searching on line for other documents issued by CARB according to CPRA requests, while not exact matching in format, the location and overall format of this CARB CPRA stamp is very similar. It looks like the person made the request on 1/5/2024 and has either been following up periodically, or this CARB bureaucrat put it on his "to do" list and followed up on his own and sent this approval PDF as soon as it became available.

I also would not put it past it that some Lotus/Emira enthusiast actually knows someone or works at CARB and knows about the CPRA mechanism and was able to get it released earlier than the batch EO publication.

I'm going to go with 95% confidence that this is real.
I posted the link for heavy trucks for CARB certification a while back, no Idea if its the same as light duty cars. It showed four "bureaucratic" steps that must happen before an approval. 1. Preliminary Staff Review, Full Staff Review, Peer & Management Review, Final Decision. Each of those steps can easily take weeks to complete.

Anyway, I am still getting ready for my car that should be in my driveway in the next several weeks by getting all of the dark blue jeans out of my wardrobe and sending official notices to anyone who might ride in my car to get rid of their blue jeans. Long live ICE GREY!

What's happening? I am behind, is CARB approved???
You’re behind- you have to scroll back 14 pages, haha. Purported CARB approval leak. Some dealers saying they haven’t heard anything. Fb post saying Naples confirmed. Others saying it looks legit.

You’re behind- you have to scroll back 14 pages, haha. Purported CARB approval leak. Some dealers saying they haven’t heard anything. Fb post saying Naples confirmed. Others saying it looks legit.
Oh, okay. I am not going back 14 pages! Just more speculation so no need to break out the box of Girl Scout Cookies yet to celebrate. I checked the carb site and saw nada.

This forum right now:

believe-sign.jpeg

Oh, okay. I am not going back 14 pages! Just more speculation so no need to break out the box of Girl Scout Cookies yet to celebrate. I checked the carb site and saw nada.

Carb approved, we talking samoas or raspberry rally here? You sharing?

iHaveASodaProblem for President! (or lifetime solitary confinement with Brittany Spears playing 24/7 if this turns out to be fake).

As happy as I am, how did LotusTalk beat this group to the punch? Oh well, not everything is a competition (right…..).
I’d like to thank all the sleuths here for verifying the truth of the matter.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back